28 December 2012

Rain is keeping wet for birds

Going through the upcoming episodes of Shounen Club that I will be reviewing has let me find this gem of Engrish, Yabu Kota's old solo song, Angel Come To Me. It is a song that seems to have been partly written using Madlibs with the lyrics, which are all in English, because it is hard to explain how some of it came to be. I transcribed the lyrics from the May 8th, 2005 episode that debuted the song so you can see for yourself.


Angel Come To Me
Music and Words written by Stefan Aberg
Performed by Yabu Kota


I've got all my time to give if you will receive
I've got a lot of faith in love if you still don't leave
Don't you know we've got a good life to achieve
Angel Come To Me

Heaven sent down an angel to my heart
To bring a brand new start when the sky is still in gray
Heaven sent down an angel to my heart
I feel the bless of life since you came away

Because it's suddenly a person to be sitting in life
Softly turning green
Rain is keeping wet for birds because I dream of you
Angel Come To Me

Ever sit down an Angel to my sad and lonely heart
(Sky is changing to blue because of you)
Don't worry if someone turning it green it's been sitting with life
(Ever since you came this way)

Heaven sent down an angel to my heart
To bring a brand new start when the sky is still in gray

Heaven sent down an angel to my heart
I feel the bless of life since you came away



I remember this song also sticking out because someone had written a post explaining what the lyrics probably were meant to be and it made a lot of sense, but unfortunately I cannot seem to find it again or I would have linked it. Because there are definitely some phrases that could potentially be something else but had their pronunciation so mangled they sounded like something else. Especially since the writer of the lyrics is not known for questionable English.

It still is a song that I do not think I will ever grow tired of, if just because I will keep trying to figure out what the actual lyrics probably were. I do wish Yabu would sing it again and maybe it could one day be further immortalized by being put on a CD.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've always loved Angel Come to Me despite the strange lyrics. And yeah, I think that some of the lyrics are meant to be something else. Like "I feel the bless of life since you came away" is meant to be "I feel the breath of life since you came my way." And in the "rain is keeping wet for birds," I think "birds" is meant to be "buds."