01 May 2010

Fresh Juniors introduction profiles Wink Up May 2010

I guess I've done a poor job about keeping this journal up for the past few months. But I'm finally feeling organized so there will be at least more translations for a while for me to update with. And as the Seattle Kinokuniya finally had the May issue of Wink Up in the other day I've decided the next thing I'll work on translating are the introduction profiles of the four Fresh Juniors they have in it.

Like with all my translations I do admit that I am still learning Japanese so if there are any mistakes that someone notices please feel free to point them out to me so I can correct it.



Sekiguchi Kaduya (関口夏月也)

Nickname: Kaduya
Birth date: August 18th, 1995. 14 years old (3rd year middle school).
Blood type: B
Place you're from: Tokyo
Height: 173cm
Weight: 57kg
Foot size: 27cm
Strong point: Cheerful
Weak point: Bothersome things
Hobby: Baseball, games, reading books (and manga).
Specialty: Baseball
Favorite food: Ramen, meat, crab, sushi, fruit.
Disliked food: Almost all vegetables.
Favorite color: Black
Favorite sports: Baseball
Subject you're good at: History
Subject you're bad at: Everything but history.
Favorite animal: Dog, horse, lion.
Reason for applying: It seemed interesting.
Admired sempai: Arashi
Type of girl you like: A person who knows what to say.
Personal appeal: I will try my best from now on, so please support me.


Miura Wataru (三浦わたる)

Nickname: Wattaa
Birth date: June 6th, 1998. 11 years old (6th year elementary school).
Blood type: A
Place you're from: Chiba
Height: 142cm
Weight: 32kg
Foot size: 24cm
Strong point: Occasionally can say something cute.
Weak point: Don't plan.
Hobby: Kamen Rider*
Specialty: Swimming, dance.
Favorite food: Hamburger, milk coffee.
Disliked food: Plum.
Favorite color: Red
Favorite sports: Baseball
Subject you're good at: Gym
Subject you're bad at: Japanese
Favorite animal: Dog, giraffe, white tiger.
Reason for applying: I want to be like Aiba and Tamamori.
Admired sempai: Tamamori Yuta
Type of girl you like: A long hair girl with a cute feeling.
Personal appeal: I want to become like Aiba and Tamamori, please support me.

*The actual words are ライダーもの(Raidaa mono), but ライダー is a short way of referring to the Kamen Rider series, which is aimed at young boys for its audience, so I'm assuming that's what he's talking about.

Tanimura Ryuichi (谷村龍一)

Nickname: Tani
Birth date: December 21st, 1998. 11 years old (6th year elementary school).
Blood type: O
Place you're from: Tokyo
Height: 147cm
Weight: 37kg
Foot size: 24cm
Strong point: I can dance.
Weak point: I don't like studying much.
Hobby: Dodgeball
Specialty: A strong body.
Favorite food: Riceball.
Disliked food: Grapefruit.
Favorite color: Black
Favorite sports: Baseball
Subject you're good at: Arithmetic
Subject you're bad at: Japanese
Favorite animal: Dog
Reason for applying: My older sister applied for me.
Admired sempai: Nakayama Yuma
Type of girl you like: A meddlesome girl.
Personal appeal: I'm doing my best with dance lessons, please support me.


Ushiki Tsubasa (宇敷翼)

Nickname: Ushiki
Birth date: July 23rd, 1998. 11 years old (6th year elementary school)
Blood type: B
Place you're from: Tokyo
Height: 140cm
Weight: I don't know.
Foot size: 23cm
Strong point: Frequently helps out.
Weak point: Impatient.
Hobby: Card games
Specialty: Falcon rope skipping*
Favorite food: Steak, tuna
Disliked food: Eggplant
Favorite color: Light blue
Favorite sports: Basketball
Subject you're good at: Arithmetic
Subject you're bad at: Science
Favorite animal: White tiger
Reason for applying: My mother sent in the application.
Admired sempai: I don't know yet.
Type of girl you like: A kind person.
Personal appeal: I'm giving everything my all, so please support me.

*This is the literal translation of the answer なわとびのハヤブサ(Nawatobi no Hayabusa). It doesn't make sense to me but I have no clue how else to translate it.

2 comments:

Marisa said...

This is the jump rope thing mentioned: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru-eVEArgTs

Thanks for the translation! These kids are cute XD

Thennary Nak said...

Thank you for the link, I didn't realize that had a name.

They are pretty cute and I wonder how much more we will be seeing of them in the future.