06 May 2013

Johnny's Under 100: Yamada Ryosuke

Yamada Ryosuke
Group: Hey! Say! JUMP, NYC
Birthdate: May 9th, 1993

I have been a fan of this boy since his Junior days and no matter how much I can complain about him getting pushed so much I will never stop liking him. He is hard working, dedicated and has love for his group and friends.

He has promise as an actor but could use more experience to really hone himself, and not in yet another role as a detective. I would love to see him tackle some other roles, but I am afraid having such a young looking face is going to restrict him too much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also think that he needs to be in some other more varity roles because I love his acting and also find him really a promise actor. I'm Always hoping that he wil be in a non-dedective drama with a good script and great cast that surrounds him. And someday a movie I hope. I'm stil hoping and want to see a lot off Yamada in de future, he has enormous potential to grow as an actor. (or that can just me being biased lol) I truly think he can shine more as an actor.

The only thing that can be a problem is not only his young looking face but also his hight I think. Sometimes I'm thinking like if this anime or manga would be filmed in real action than Yamada would be the perfect person to play this character but then I'm thinking damn this can never happen because he isn't tall enough. Thats why I also think his hight can be a hinder sometimes to be in good roles.

Thennary Nak said...

I agree that he has potential as an actor and that for now he seems to be stuck in what roles he can get. I doubt we will see him play something that is not a high school student for a while.

But he is far from the shortest Johnny's and eventually I am sure he will be able to challenge a greater variety of roles. But for now I agree that his looks are going to keep his casting choices slim.