13 November 2011

Q&A Month: Question 4

Well I still managed to miss a day so to make up for it I'll try to answer two questions today, one right now and if I have the time for it the other a bit later.

For this question I'm going back to answer the next question Chris left for me: - have you ever been to Japan and watched a Johnnys concert?

The quick answer is yes.

The long answer is that from April 2009 to the first week of February 2010 I was in Japan as an exchange student at one of the universities in Tokyo. During this time I made the most of being in Japan after dreaming about going since junior high school and made sure to go to as many concerts/events as I could afford. And thanks to being in the Tokyo area there was a lot I could go to as long as I had the money for it.

Since this blog was up and running during that time I wrote concert reports, some more thorough than others. Here's the quick list of my reports in chronological order:

KAT-TUN Tokyo Dome May 16th, 2009
KAT-TUN Tokyo Dome May 22nd, 2009
Johnny's Jr. New Unit concert June, 7th, 2009
Hey! Say! JUMP Summer Concert '09 July 26th, 2009
Tegomass 1st Live: Tegomass no Uta August 5th, 2009
Natsuyasumi Johnny's Jr. August 18th, 2009
TOKIO LIVE TOUR OVER 30's WORLD September 22nd, 2009
Tomohisa Yamashita SHORT BUT SWEET November 21st, 2009
Hey! Say! JUMP Winter Concert 2009-2010 January 6th, 2010

Of course most of these reports were written as quickly as I could, which meant either about an hour or two hour train ride back to where I was living after the concert ended, so there are some errors in them as I didn't do a lot of proof reading. It's kinda embarrassing reading them because of those errors, especially the Tegomass one as that's the one that was recorded for the DVD release (I can see myself in the crowd in it, but I am tiny as it's from a distance.) so I can re-watch that one.

I also went to a Kis-My-Ft2 concert, Kis-My-Ft ni Kaeru de Show on December 19th, 2009 but for some reason didn't write up a concert report for it. I'm thinking it might have been because there was already a couple of big Kisumai fans writing reports about the concerts and most of the concerts I did reports on I knew there wasn't a big chance of having an English speaking fan to write reports for.

I've been honestly dying to see another concert for a Johnny's artist because if there's anything I've picked up from going to all of those is that Johnny's knows how to put on great concerts no matter how big or small the venue. In fact I'm kinda hoping Akanishi Jin will be touring in a city near me as even though I'm not really a big fan, though I do like some of his songs, I really want to see another Johnny's in concert because I know no matter what it'll be a blast. And of course I still hope to one day go back to Japan, for either a job or for a vacation, and see something then.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Wow, you´ve been living in Japan as an exchange student for some time and watched so many Johnny´s concerts!!!
I really envy you!
But seriously, thank you for adding the links to your reports!
I will take my time and read every one of them carefully.
I´m very excited to read them all!

Yeah I also hope that yoú can go to Japan again and my dream is watching a concert there too.
But unfortunately it isn´t that easy, especially if you live at the other end of the world.

Thennary Nak said...

Well I just figured I had to make the most of it while I was there, and I'm glad I did.

You're welcome. I figured it would be helpful for readers to have at least the links to them all together in one post.

I hope you are able to make your dream come true. It's an experience that's well worth it, IMHO.