18 November 2012

Nagase goes from 2D to 3D

Nagase Tomoya is going to be returning to the drama world as the star of the upcoming drama, Nakuna, Hara-chan. He plays a character a mangaka created that somehow comes to life and crosses from the 2D world to the 3D world.

It will air on NTV starting in January.

JE News Daily (English)


This news makes me really happy. I loved Nagase in My Boss, My Hero and the fact that this series shares the same producer gives me hope that this could be a fun series. I also hope it does well as I love seeing him act and would love to see more of him, but I know if the ratings are not there the chances of that are going to be slim.

I also hope these means I can look forward to a new TOKIO single with a tie-in to this drama. I have been loving their album and would never say no to more music from TOKIO.


Also on a slightly different note, Nagase is a good example of a front man that does solo activities, including a single release, and does not break off to go solo. And I am sure a good part of that was that he did not want to go solo because he loves being with his group mates. And I think whether a solo release leads to a solo career really depends if the member wants to push for it and the agency agrees to it.

No comments: