25 June 2013

duet May 2013 close-up Johnny's Jr. profile translations

I figure I should try to translate something at least once a month and the profiles for Fresh Juniors do tend to be the easiest thing for me to translate right now. Plus these three are candidates for the Twenty Twenty group, so I have some interest in that. I do not know why I feel I need to become invested in something that looks like it will be a train wreck but it looks like that is where I am going. Perhaps it is part of the excitement that this has never been done before and such. But enough chatter from me, here are the profile translations.

And as a reminder I am pretty rusty with my Japanese, which I only made it to about third year in my study, so it is possible that I will make errors. I have the original page I am translating posted below for anyone who wants to double check, and I always welcome corrections.



Motodaka Katsuki 「本高克樹」
December 12, 1998
Born in Kanagawa prefecture.
Blood type, unknown
Height: 166 cm
Weight: 50 kg
Foot size: 26 cm
Nickname: Kakkun
Specialty: soccer. I can juggle a soccer ball about seven times.*
Hobby: cooking
Type of girl you like: Someone who thinks about me the most and a beautiful heart.
Current fascination/obsession: dodgeball
Admired sempai: Yamada Ryosuke
Favorite food: curry
Least favorite food: cheese
Future dream: Debut and [become a] doctor.

* To be more clear he means when juggling a soccer ball he can keep it going for about seven turns.


Muraki Ryota「村木亮太」
January 26, 1999
Born in Tokyo.
Type B blood type.
Height: 166 cm
Weight: 47 kg
Foot size: 26.5 cm
Nickname: Ryou
Specialty: basketball
Hobby: watching movies
Type of girl you like: A girl who is kind and very helpful/good at taking care of others.
Current fascination/obsession: collecting manga
Admired sempai: Yamashita Tomohisa
Favorite food: karaage (fried chicken), hamburger
Least favorite food: green pepper, eggplant
Future dream: Debut. I also want to become a doctor but I am no good at the sight of blood...


Matsukura Kaito「松倉海人」
November 14, 1997
Born in Kanagawa prefecture.
Type O blood type.
Height: 157 cm
Weight: 44 kg
Foot size: 25.5 cm
Nickname: Matsuku
Specialty: shakariki dance*
Hobby: music and watching movies
Type of girl you like: A cheerful and funny girl.
Current fascination/obsession: collecting hats
Admired sempai: Ninomiya Kazunari, Yabu Kota
Favorite food: ramen
Least favorite food: green peas
Future dream: To increase my number of fans, to debut.

* not sure what this is. I found something called DANCEROID that it could be, but I am uncertain.

No comments: