10 November 2009

Sakurai Sho to star in winter 2010 drama

It's been announced that Sakurai Sho will be starring in a new drama that will air in the winter quarter that will be an adaption of the Tokujo Kabachi!! Kabachitari!! 2 manga series. This series has been adapted into a drama once before back in 2001 and had good ratings with the average being 19.3%

The series is a workplace series that focuses on the characters in a legal document firm. It will begin airing sometime in January on TBS.

Anime News Network article. (English)

I know I'm not surprised to see an Arashi member get a drama, as it seems now that they are the 'it' group one of them will star in a drama every drama season. I will also fail to be surprised if the group will sing the theme song to the drama and it will be released as a single, as that also seems to becoming the norm.

I just hope other Johnny's will get attached to dramas for this upcoming season pleaselethidaremetanteieyebecomearenzokudramaplease as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

D: and meanwhile I wonder when a HSJ member other than Yamada will get a sizeable role in a drama that doesn't involve Yamada.

Thennary Nak said...

Honestly while I'd like to see that happen myself right now I just want any of them in any drama, and if they star then hopefully this means we'll finally get a new single for the whole group again.