12 November 2009

Arashi in drama special and Kusanagi in a movie

Catching up in news now that I have a little free time, there have a couple of announcements over the past couple of days.

The first is that all five members of Arashi will be in a drama special. An air date hasn't been given other than near the beginning of 2010 and it will air on Fuji TV. The title of the drama will be Saigo no Yakusoku which translates into English as, Last Promise.

Daily Sports article. (Japanese only)

The other announcement is for SMAP's Kusanagi Tsuyoshi, who will starring in an upcoming movie. His co-star is Takeuchi Yoko and the film is titled Boku to Tsuma no 1778 Monotagari, which simply translates to 1778 Stories of Me and My Wife.

The film is based off a true story about a sci-fi author who writes a short story everyday for his wife, who is dying from cancer, after taking a doctor's advice that laughter can help the immune system.

The movie is set to finish filming at the end of December and looks like it will be strongly promoted overseas as a Cannes showing has already been planned for it.

Nippon Cinema article. (English)

After reading the article for this movie it really makes me want to see it, even though I'll probably end up in tears. But this is the kind of tear jerker movie that I'm really weak against so I hope I get a chance to see it.

No comments: