22 November 2013

Q&A Month! (2012): Question 5

And on to the next question so I can catch up with the list soon. If you want to add a question to the list you may do so in this post.

This question come from nanu b: I remember that Kisumai and ABCZ had their own songs since 2006 but nowadays the only ones that has own songs are kanjus! Snow man are a group since 2010 maybe early but they don´t have songs! I know that they want to debut but I see them only as backdancers ( really good ones indeed) but what is bother me is that not even the popular jrs has songs! maybe the 20-20 thing is true (no debut before 2020)
what do you think?

I think a lot of it is about the fact that Juniors are not being put into groups as they once were. Original Junior songs tend to be given to stable Junior groups and in the past few years there have been very few created to replace the ones that have been broken up.

Snow Man I think has the songs from when they were Mis Snow Man, but since they so rarely perform as a group these days it is hard to tell.

I think a big part of why the Kanjuu are getting songs are one, they do have stable groups so those get their own original songs, and two, they seem to be getting primed for a debut. But the first one is the big one as most Junior songs come from the stable Junior groups and as I have mentioned there have not been many of those recently.

I fully believe the Kanjuu debut will happen so the "no other debut until 2020" thing is not sticking. If anything things are probably going to slow down with debuts as Johnny's has plenty of groups that have debuted and the three most recent debuts all happened in less than a year's time. My guess is that 2014 will give us the new Kanjuu debut, 2015 will have the next FIVB group (i.e. the groups like Hey! Say! JUMP and Sexy Zone) then we will get one more group between that and 2020, but probably not more than that.

The older Juniors that are getting promoted are going to need to be debuted before 2020 as they will probably be too old for the Twenty Twenty group but they would be perfect for a group of 20+ year old members, like KAT-TUN and Kis-My-Ft2 were, between 2015 and 2020. Of course this is just my speculation but I think this would be the best way to get Juniors debuted without too much over saturation.

No comments: