27 February 2013

The Bad Boys of Johnny's

The next NTV late night drama has been announced (mostly on twitter for now) and it is set to air April 6th. The title of the drama is Bad Boys J and will star Nakajima Kento. It looks to be some kind of drama with delinquents, much like Shiritsu Bakaleya Koukou, with three factions. Nakaken's faction has Iwamoto Hikaru,  Fukusawa Tatsuya and Watanabe Shota, another faction is lead by Hashimoto Ryosuke who has Yasui Kentaro, Hagiya Keigo, Shimekake Ryuya, Nikaido Takashi and has Morita Myuto and Morohoshi Shoki.

Sexy Zone will be doing the theme song for the drama.

The drama has the same producer as Shiritsu Bakaleya Koukou so I would expect that this drama will share the same tone and will be a nice break from the more series dramas of the past couple of seasons.


Pretty excited for this drama as I feel like I have been waiting forever for Nakaken to get to do more acting. I think it is smart for Johnny's to give him a lead role in one of these late night dramas as if it ends up being the hit Bakaleya was it could lead to a lot more opportunities for Nakaken.

I am also glad to see Nikaido doing his first drama role, as then all of Kis-My-Ft2 will have some drama work to their credit with this. And I am also glad to see Hasshi do another drama as it will hopefully get some people interested in him and hopefully his group as well.

And I do find it interesting that each group is lead by a member of the three latest group debuts, Sexy Zone, Kis-My-Ft2 and A.B.C-Z. I hope there is some kind of special performance on Shounen Club with these groups, as that would be fun to watch.

I cannot wait for this drama and I am already wondering if I should do the weekly reviews I did for Bakaleya for it. But I think I will wait and see how much I enjoy the first episode before committing to that.


EDIT: NTV already has the official OHP up here: http://www.ntv.co.jp/bad_boys/

No comments: