26 November 2010

Fujigaya Taisuke & Kitayama Hiromitsu in Misaki No.1 drama

I believe a couple of weeks ago there was an announcement about a new drama for the winter season on NTV called Misaki No. 1. At the time the only cast member revealed was for the main character Misaki, a #1 hostess that is asked to teach a class of trouble students. What really caught my attention about the series was that in the article for the announcement it brought up that a few of the main people that worked on the Gokusen drama series was working on this drama. Of course it seemed like an easy fit as the overall plot of the two dramas seems pretty close so I began to hope that it would mean that we would be getting some Johnny's as a part of the cast.

In my mind if there were to be Johnny's that would be a part of this drama they would either be from Hey! Say! JUMP or Kis-My-Ft2 and it turns out I wasn't too far off. Though I don't think I would have guessed the ones who got the roles would be the ones.

But it has been announced that Fujigaya Taisuke and Kitayama Hiromitsu will be the two lead students in the drama.

NTV official site with cast list.
(Japanese)

I'm really only surprised at Fujigaya and Kitayama getting these roles because of their ages, but if my gut instinct is right, and this is the big sign of Johnny's getting ready to debut Kis-My-Ft2, it makes sense. Even though they've promoted Tamamori a lot the two main vocals and leads of the group are Fujigaya and Kitayama so having the Japanese public know them the best would make sense so they can be the face of the group. Or the ones that get people's attention at first and will hopefully make them fans of the rest of the group over time.

So I'm hoping that this drama will be able to be as successful as the Gokusen series and we'll be hearing about a Kis-My-Ft2 debut in the first half of 2011.

3 comments:

Kismy said...

Great news !! I´m really happy for Fujigaya and Kitayama, so I can´t wait to watch the drama. I wonder if it´s really a sign to make them debut in 2011?? Would be great for them.
Especially I wonder who will be the new cast for the VolleyBall cup next year, maybe Kismy?

Anonymous said...

First I thought: "Aren´t both a little too old to play high school students?" But don´t get me wrong, I´m happy about that, since I like Kis-my-ft2 and especially those 2 members.
Do you really think they will debut next year maybe? I´m not sure about that because I feel as if Johnny focuses on the younger ones like Yuma or Shintaro. For example I read yesterday that Nakayama Yuma will get an own calendar in the Junior calendar version.
But Kis- my is a good band, they have nice members and nice fashion style. I want them to debut!!!
Of course, Shin-chan and Yuma,too.

Thennary Nak said...

@ Kismy

I really hope it is a sign. The Gokusen series was great at promoting Johnny's talent, especially the second season with Jin and Kame. I hope this series will be the same for Fujigaya and Kitayama so the chances of a Kisumai debut will be the strongest yet.

I think Kisumai will debut without the volleyball cup thing. There has not been a group yet that debuted with the volleyball cup that was a Junior group before. And it won't be the first time to have two groups debut around the same time as each other if Kisumai and a volleyball cup group both debut the same year as NEWS and Kanjani8 debuted within months of each other.

@ Anonymous

I honestly think if they don't debut next year then their chances of debuting are only going to decrease. But I think the fact that it is these two and not younger members of Kisumai getting these roles that is a sign that Johnny's is trying to set things up for a debut. I mean why get two Juniors prized roles like this if they weren't trying to promote them and their group to debut?

I hope Kisumai debuts too. And then Shintarou and Yuma can debut in a new group together after that.