26 July 2010

Memory lane and hoping for a bright future.

I've been going through my music DVDs and putting up PVs and various live performances up on my sevenload account. During this process I of course re-watched NEWS' Never Ending Wonderful Story concert DVD and found myself completely fangirl-ing over this live performance.

Link: NEWS - Kirameki no Kanata e live


It is so much cute overload from how the members of NEWS interact with their chosen Juniors, my heart pretty much melts every time I see Koyama leading Kyomoto Taiga by the hand around the stage. And then of course there's the novelty of seeing Hey! Say JUMP members in their Junior days when they were all so small.

Of course noticing that four of the six of the Juniors following a member of NEWS have debuted already it made me think about the other two, Morimoto Shintarou and Kyomoto. I think it's pretty much a given that MoriShin will debut at some point with how much attention Johnny's gives him. Kyomoto on the other hand doesn't seem to be such a shoe-in for debut. Though with this month's Shounen Club episode I believe it will be a terrible waste for him not to debut. His a capella of Sunadokei was surprising to me, in the best way possible of course. And he definitely made the most of what camera time he got during the Loveless performance showing that he has the makings of a heart throb as he's growing up.

Link: Johnny's Jr. - Sunadokei + Loveless 2010.07.09 SC


Seriously, if anyone at Johnny's knows what they are doing they'll make sure he's on track for a debut sooner or later. (And I'm personally hoping it'll be sooner.)

And as a special bonus, as I wasn't paying attention when making that clip, I have a music file (m4a) of the performance to share. Here's the mediafire link.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi dear, I just stop at Ur blog ^^ I'm NEWS fan also ^^ hajimemashite~
let's cherish NEWS together..
this is my blog of fandom ^^
http://daeyaenormous.wordpress.com/category/japan-%E2%99%A5%E2%99%A5news%E2%99%A5%E2%99%A5/

Angel said...

I agree too! Kyomoto should debut. I just wish they'd give him more attention in Shounen Club :)

Anonymous said...

I was doing a search on "kyomoto taiga to heart" (the song he sang at Summary) and found this post.

"..my heart pretty much melts every time I see Koyama leading Kyomoto Taiga by the hand around the stage"
It does the same to me. There's just something about the two that was really adorable.

Unfortunately you're right that unlike for Shintaro, a debut doesn't seem like a sure thing for Taiga. But I'm glad to hear that you think he has what it takes to debut and also hope it'll happen soon. I have been closely following his progress for quite a long time and I feel like he has been thrown back and forth a few times. I find that a bit sad especially since Taiga has proven that he's pretty good at what he does and has been continuously improving. I'm hoping for the best for him.

By the way, he had a few solo lines while singing at Summary and I have posted fan audio recordings of that at the kyomototaiga LJ community. Maybe you can give it a listen if you have time. I'd be nice to know what you think.
I'm sorry for making this so long.

Kel

Thennary Nak said...

Sorry for the long wait for a response. I actually responded a couple of days ago but for some reason it didn't show up.

@ DaeyA HayaShi

Thank you for leaving a message. I'm always happy to hear from other NEWS fans.

@ Angel

I would love to see more of him on Shounen Club. Especially if it means more performances like this. <3

@ Kel

I'm definitely going to have to hunt down the LJ comm. I've always liked Kyomoto but this performance has just won me over and pushed me into fan territory.

I think Kyomoto is kinda like Massu, in that he has never really been given a Junior group to belong to but still gets attention and from time to time some spotlight. And since Massu was able to eventually debut I have hope that Kyomoto will do so as well.