17 July 2010

KAT-TUN looks to changing to KaT-TUN

Because I don't think news like this can really wait before it gets spread everywhere, but it looks like Akanishi Jin will be leaving KAT-TUN after all.

Even though I know I've speculated about him leaving after his solo concerts in the U.S. were announced this has taken me by surprise. But it being reported that Kitagawa Johnny himself announced it earlier today at a press conference. Of course earlier in the day it was just an announcement that the final decision will be made after Jin's current solo tour ended and that he just wouldn't be returning to the group for some time but more information has come out and it looks like it's actually rather likely that Jin will permanently be leaving the group this time around.

KAT-TUN is keeping its name intact much the same way Kis-My-Ft2 did when they lost Iida and Kitayama became the 'Ki', with Kamenashi Kazuya now being the 'KA' instead of just the 'K'. And they will also stay together as a group but now as a five man unit instead of their original 6 members.

Tokyo Graph article.

Personally this all seems unreal to me. Perhaps because I'm so used to KAT-TUN being 6 members as when I got into Johnny's Jin had already returned from the U.S. after hsi six month stay there.

There's also the fact that unless Jin has work, other than his current tour, in the U.S. I'm not sure if it would be a good business decision on Johnny's part to have him break away from the group. But maybe he'll try to release music in the U.S. or there was a rumor about him auditioning for a movie a while back so maybe that was a bit more than a rumor. Honestly Johnny's isn't very transparent so I guess all fans can do is wait to see what they have planned and hope for the best.

No comments: