24 March 2010

KT-TUN tour Asia while Jin has L.A. concerts

There has been a couple of big announcements for KAT-TUN just made that I'm sure will stir a lot of mixed feelings for KAT-TUN fans.

The first is that KAT-TUN will be having their first Asia tour beginning at the end of July and will go on to the end of August that will have them performing in the cities of Bangkok, Seoul and Taipei.

The second is that Akanishi Jin will not be a part of this tour as he will be heading over to the U.S. to perform solo concerts there. So far he is only confirmed for performing in L.A. but there are plans being made to extend it into a tour in the U.S.

It is reported that Jin had discussed not being in the Asia tour with the other members of the group and they all agreed that he should not pass up on the opportunity to tour in the U.S.

Tokyo Graph article.
(English)

Honestly I'm not a big Jin fan, though I do think he has his moments from time to time, but I do feel happy for him about this news. I think this really is something he really wants to do and has been wanting to do for sometime. Also he seems to be happier doing solo work then when he has to be with his group so I think it might be for the best.

Also it isn't the first time KAT-TUN has gone without him for some time so I don't think it will be the big shake up it was when he left to study abroad a few years back. Though I'm sure there are fans that will miss him terribly for not being a part of the group tour.

But for some fan speculation on how this all could be actually some really good news for KAT-TUN fans. After debuting the group hasn't done a concert without a new album so I wouldn't be surprised if there are some releases coming up soon, as they only have one post Break the Records single so far. So I would assume if they don't get a new album out they will have at least a new single that they can record before Jin leaves for America or maybe pop out a mini album like Tegomass did for their upcoming tour. I think it would be just a bit too cruel to not have anything before the tours though seeing as Jin could be gone until sometime in October if he's able to get the visa to do so.

No comments: