07 March 2010

Johnny's net video message tutorial

Before I go ahead and write out another long entry I figured I should have one or two shorter ones in between. And because there isn't really anything to mention news-wise I figured I'd do a quick tutorial for the new service Johnny's net is providing, which is website exclusive video messages.

I thought that this may need a quick tutorial for those who don't know Japanese as there is almost no use of English to help find the links. But thankfully it's pretty simple once you know what you are looking for, though you're going to need to know at least the kanji for names to find the video you're looking for.

First off you just need to go to the main Johnny's net page that should look something like this.


The section you need to be looking at on that page is the Johnny's Family Club part, which looks like this.


The third button down is the one that you need to click and I've gone and highlighted that in this.


When you click the button a new window will pop up. It should be nothing but text with a few hyperlinks. If you scroll down that window you'll probably notice that it has various Johnny's listed. I've taken a screen shot of the current last three items listed, which is for Imai Tsubasa, Hey! Say! JUMP and Kis-My-Ft2.


If you notice there's a line after each name with the katakana スペシャルメッセージ and after that a hyperlink. That hyperlink is what you click on to bring up another window to see the video, I've highlighted the second for Kis-My-Ft2 on the screen shot.


And then once that window has popped up, and assuming you have the right plug-ins installed, the video will begin to play. Most are low quality messages from the groups or individual listed but in the case of Kis-My-Ft2 there is also some clips from their first national tour as you can see in the screen shot.


For the past month or so the updates have been rather regular so it's worth to keep checking back to see if they've added something, especially if there's a new release coming up for somebody.

3 comments:

Irea said...

I so wish they'd started doing this sooner! It would have been so awesome to have videos of Shoon promoting Full House and Romeo&Juliet

Thennary Nak said...

Yea, I think this would have been a great service to have had sometime back, but I'm really glad it's here now. Especially since it doesn't block foreign IPs from viewing the videos.

Anonymous said...

i found this page when i googled Johnny's net videos :)

thanks for the info!