04 August 2010

Kis-My-Ft2 & A.B.C.-Z joint musical

Kis-My-Ft2 and A.B.C.-Z are headlining together, this time for a musical. The musical is called Shonentachi: Koushi Naki Rougoku and was written by Johnny Kitagawa himself for the first Johnny's boy band Johnny's. SMAP has also performed a version of the play and that was the last time it was performed. This time members of both groups will be starring in this musical that will run through September.

Tokyo Graph article. (English)

It's nice to see that Kis-My-Ft2 will not be lacking work anytime soon, though I am surprised that they aren't just headlining the musical themselves as they did with PLAYZONE 2009. But both groups get along very well and I'm sure they're all looking forward to working together as they don't have many chances as they used to.

4 comments:

Meow said...

thanks a lot for the news
if ebikisu are to do the play that SMAP did, which means there will be 5 most importance roles, so i assume it'll be Hiro, Taipi, Tama from Kisumai and Hasshi, Totsu from Ebi again *sigh*

Anonymous said...

I know that the Kansai jrs are doing their version of this play right now, so I'm interested in seeing what the plot is like and who are the main characters from them.

I'm glad ABCZ & Kisumai are working together again. Maybe this time we'll be able to get a DVD? I must admit I wonder why JE decided to do this, especially since the Kansai version is going on now. It just feels like it pushes back a possible Kisumai debut even further..

Thennary Nak said...

@ Meowsama

Well the original play only had four lead roles, and I want to say that when SMAP did their version they still had six members. But in any case they had to expand the number of lead roles once so it's not like they couldn't do it again.

Though after saying that I wouldn't be surprised if the usual members get the most attention in this.

@ Anonymous

I wish the Kansai Jr. English fandom was bigger as I'm curious about their version, especially if it might have any indications of how Ebikisu's version will be like.

I would love for this to get a DVD, but I think it's pretty hit or miss when it comes to musicals.

I think the fact they're keeping Kisumai active is always a good sign. Though I do hope that if they seriously plan on having them debut they gear things up soon so there won't be much more waiting.

Meow said...

ah ,so that's why there're 6 members from ebikisu at the press conference